‘Bra-vo’ for North Devon bra appeal
- Credit: Archant
Ladies respond in hundreds for Bra Bank appeal — but even more are welcome!
THE ladies of North Devon have donated generously to a Bra Bank set up at Bon Marche in Barnstaple.
The store has now amassed a mountain of more than 700 brassieres, which will be sold for recycling and the proceeds will go to a breast cancer charity.
But more are welcome, with organisers Gaenor Barker, Karen Black and store manageress Sarah Mawson urging ladies to continue to donate.
In fact, they have now set up North Devon’s second Bra Bank, at the Vivian Moon Centre in Braunton.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve had a good response, but we still need more and people are welcome to continue dropping them in either at the store during our opening hours or Vivian Moon,” said Sarah.
Bon Marche Barnstaple is hosting a Fashion Show for Macmillan Cancer Support on Thursday, September 19 at 5.30pm.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 8 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple
- 9 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 10 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
It might be an ideal opportunity to unload a few more bras, particularly as the store is offering a 20 per cent discount off purchases on the night. Show tickets are available by dropping into Bon Marche or calling 01271 329275.