‘Bra-vo’ for North Devon bra appeal
- Credit: Archant
Ladies respond in hundreds for Bra Bank appeal — but even more are welcome!
THE ladies of North Devon have donated generously to a Bra Bank set up at Bon Marche in Barnstaple.
The store has now amassed a mountain of more than 700 brassieres, which will be sold for recycling and the proceeds will go to a breast cancer charity.
But more are welcome, with organisers Gaenor Barker, Karen Black and store manageress Sarah Mawson urging ladies to continue to donate.
In fact, they have now set up North Devon’s second Bra Bank, at the Vivian Moon Centre in Braunton.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve had a good response, but we still need more and people are welcome to continue dropping them in either at the store during our opening hours or Vivian Moon,” said Sarah.
Bon Marche Barnstaple is hosting a Fashion Show for Macmillan Cancer Support on Thursday, September 19 at 5.30pm.
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 6 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 7 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 8 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 9 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 10 A361 Link Road closed after three vehicle crash
It might be an ideal opportunity to unload a few more bras, particularly as the store is offering a 20 per cent discount off purchases on the night. Show tickets are available by dropping into Bon Marche or calling 01271 329275.