The boy in the tent Max Woosey receives prestigious award
- Credit: Barnstaple Lions
The Lions Club of Barnstaple has awarded Max Woosey, the boy in the tent, one of its highest honours.
10 year-old Max, from Braunton, started his challenge to spend a year sleeping in a tent in March of 2020 inspired by his neighbour Rick who has sadly passed away has a result of cancer.
Because Rick had received such wonderful care from The North Devon Hospice, Max decided he would do something to honour Rick’s memory and to raise money for the Hospice.
Max decided that to honour Rick he would camp out in his garden using the tent that Rick had given him for a few nights and at the same time raise £100.00 for the hospice, little did he know the implications of this.
Max started a justgiving page to raise funds from his efforts and as at the April 8, 2021, has raised an incredible £685,000.00.
You may also want to watch:
Barnstaple Lions Club have awarded Max a Melvin Jones Fellowship, one of the highest awards a person can receive in recognition of their service to the community from Lions International.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 5 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 6 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 7 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 8 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 9 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 10 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler