Boy hit by truck airlifted to hospital
The 13-year-old was taken to Derriford Hospital by air ambulance.
A 13-YEAR-OLD boy has been airlifted to hospital with possible life changing injuries after being hit by a pick-up truck this evening (Fri).
A police spokesman said the boy allegedly ran into the road around 4.20pm on the A361 near the Foxhunters Garage at West Down.
He was hit by a white Mitsubishi Canter pick-up truck travelling along the road at the time.
An air ambulance took the boy to Derriford Hospital where he is being treated for injuries to his spleen, lungs and head.
You may also want to watch:
The injuries are not believed to be life threatening.
Police have closed the road between Mullacott Cross and Spreacombe Corner in both directions, but it is believed to be reopening soon.
- 1 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 2 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 4 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 5 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 6 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 7 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 8 New ‘inside-out’ art gallery coming to Ilfracombe
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'