Boy hit by truck airlifted to hospital
The 13-year-old was taken to Derriford Hospital by air ambulance.
A 13-YEAR-OLD boy has been airlifted to hospital with possible life changing injuries after being hit by a pick-up truck this evening (Fri).
A police spokesman said the boy allegedly ran into the road around 4.20pm on the A361 near the Foxhunters Garage at West Down.
He was hit by a white Mitsubishi Canter pick-up truck travelling along the road at the time.
An air ambulance took the boy to Derriford Hospital where he is being treated for injuries to his spleen, lungs and head.
You may also want to watch:
The injuries are not believed to be life threatening.
Police have closed the road between Mullacott Cross and Spreacombe Corner in both directions, but it is believed to be reopening soon.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 5 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 6 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 9 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
- 10 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021