Boy hit by truck airlifted to hospital
The 13-year-old was taken to Derriford Hospital by air ambulance.
A 13-YEAR-OLD boy has been airlifted to hospital with possible life changing injuries after being hit by a pick-up truck this evening (Fri).
A police spokesman said the boy allegedly ran into the road around 4.20pm on the A361 near the Foxhunters Garage at West Down.
He was hit by a white Mitsubishi Canter pick-up truck travelling along the road at the time.
An air ambulance took the boy to Derriford Hospital where he is being treated for injuries to his spleen, lungs and head.
You may also want to watch:
The injuries are not believed to be life threatening.
Police have closed the road between Mullacott Cross and Spreacombe Corner in both directions, but it is believed to be reopening soon.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 4 Candidates for police and crime commissioner have their say
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
- 7 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 8 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 9 Ilfracombe Drive-In Cinema returns this May
- 10 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'