Boy has head injuries after bike accident
Helicopter takes boy to hospital after bike accident
A 16-year-old boy is being treated in Derriford Hospital, Plymouth, for serious head injuries after an accident on his mountain bike at Sticklepath, Barnstaple, yesterday (Tuesday) afternoon.
The boy was riding down Old Sticklepath Hill when he lost control and collided with a wall and railings.
He was thrown from his cycle and over the railings on to the road below.
He was intially taken to North Devon District Hospital and later transferred to Derriford by helicopter.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses to the collision are asked to contact the Police on 08452 777 444, quoting log number 646 021110.
Police ref: 646 021110
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 3 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 4 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 5 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 6 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 7 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 8 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 9 Selaine Saxby's Henry to compete for Westminster Dog of the Year
- 10 The Beggar's Opera - This week at the Queen's Theatre