Boy has head injuries after bike accident
Helicopter takes boy to hospital after bike accident
A 16-year-old boy is being treated in Derriford Hospital, Plymouth, for serious head injuries after an accident on his mountain bike at Sticklepath, Barnstaple, yesterday (Tuesday) afternoon.
The boy was riding down Old Sticklepath Hill when he lost control and collided with a wall and railings.
He was thrown from his cycle and over the railings on to the road below.
He was intially taken to North Devon District Hospital and later transferred to Derriford by helicopter.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses to the collision are asked to contact the Police on 08452 777 444, quoting log number 646 021110.
Police ref: 646 021110
- 1 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 4 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 5 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 8 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 9 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 10 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat