Boy has head injuries after bike accident
Helicopter takes boy to hospital after bike accident
A 16-year-old boy is being treated in Derriford Hospital, Plymouth, for serious head injuries after an accident on his mountain bike at Sticklepath, Barnstaple, yesterday (Tuesday) afternoon.
The boy was riding down Old Sticklepath Hill when he lost control and collided with a wall and railings.
He was thrown from his cycle and over the railings on to the road below.
He was intially taken to North Devon District Hospital and later transferred to Derriford by helicopter.
Any witnesses to the collision are asked to contact the Police on 08452 777 444, quoting log number 646 021110.
Police ref: 646 021110
- 1 OPINION: Hi-Tech – Is North Devon ahead or behind the curve?
- 2 Masons donate £20,000 to food banks
- 3 Steve’s family and friends bring Christmas to hospital ward
- 4 Property of the Week: Some of the finest views of North Devon's coast
- 5 Specialist fire crews rescue horse trapped in ditch
- 6 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 7 Covid-19 ventilation advice for North Devon landlords
- 8 Together we can look forward to 2022
- 9 North Devon Weekend Football Results
- 10 Refresh your New Year’s wardrobe by donating unwanted clothes for a good cause