Boy has head injuries after bike accident
Helicopter takes boy to hospital after bike accident
A 16-year-old boy is being treated in Derriford Hospital, Plymouth, for serious head injuries after an accident on his mountain bike at Sticklepath, Barnstaple, yesterday (Tuesday) afternoon.
The boy was riding down Old Sticklepath Hill when he lost control and collided with a wall and railings.
He was thrown from his cycle and over the railings on to the road below.
He was intially taken to North Devon District Hospital and later transferred to Derriford by helicopter.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses to the collision are asked to contact the Police on 08452 777 444, quoting log number 646 021110.
Police ref: 646 021110
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton