Boy critically injured after Ilfracombe bus collision
Seafront closed as emergency services free stricken youngster from underneath a double decker bus
A six-year-old boy is in a critical condition after being he was in collision with a double decker bus on Ilfracombe seafront last night (Monday.)
Fire crews from Ilfracombe, Woolacombe and Combe Martin used hydraulic cutting equipment to free the trapped youngster from underneath the bus before he was airlifted by Devon Air Ambulance to Derriford Hospital in Plymouth.
He has since been transferred to a children’s hospital in Bristol and police described his condition as critical but stable.
They said the collision happened just after 6.20pm on the promenade near the Landmark Theatre and the boy was trapped under the public service bus for about half an hour.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed for some time while emergency services dealt with the incident.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 4 Candidates for police and crime commissioner have their say
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
- 7 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 8 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 9 Ilfracombe Drive-In Cinema returns this May
- 10 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'