Boy burned on North Devon beach

INJURY to a toddler has prompted a North Devon man to warn of the dangers of barbecues on the beach. Tim Enbom of Knowle was visiting casualty at the North Devon District Hospital with his wife when the youngster was brought in. The little boy, aged abou

INJURY to a toddler has prompted a North Devon man to warn of the dangers of barbecues on the beach.

Tim Enbom of Knowle was visiting casualty at the North Devon District Hospital with his wife when the youngster was brought in.

"The little boy, aged about three, had seriously burned the inside of his hand," said Mr Enbom. " He had gone on to a local beach and put his hands down on the sand. Someone had had a barbecue there the night before and covered it with sand. It is not something you would think of when you go on the beach with grandchildren, having to look where to sit in case someone has been there with a bonfire before you.

"These were holidaymakers out for the day who suddenly found themselves in accident and emergency. I just want to warn people of the dangers that could be on the beach and the dangers of people lighting fires where people might be walking the next day.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus