We should work with nature to provide electricity and it should be for everyone’s use.
I was taught at school that many rivers rise in the hills and run towards the sea. Can they not be harnessed by the clever engineers we have in this country to produce enough electricity to supply homes and businesses along the way at a fair cost?
We live on an island; surely the tides can provide another source of electricity without disturbing the natural balance of corals, fish and marine life?
We have it all in this country, why do we let big companies outside our control, rip us off all the time?
Is it because our nation is ruled by a government presiding in one place – London?
You may also want to watch:
Is it because people pretend not to see what is happening?
Is it because everything has got so removed from the ordinary man at the bottom, all politicians can use is words, empty meaningless words?
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 2 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 5 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 6 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 7 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 8 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 9 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 10 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
Wind turbines are heavily subsidised by us, the taxpayer, or not one would have been built, and it takes 100 years to recover the carbon produced in the manufacture, establishment and maintenance of one large turbine, which has a life span of 25 years.
Why put money into a bottomless bucket for the rich to prosper at the cost of the majority?
We are being conned; we are never given the true facts, otherwise we wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole.