Boots made for walking
A BARNSTAPLE pensioner is getting ready to complete the last leg of the South West Coast Path – seven years after setting off! Phil Boaden began walking different sections of route in 2003 and has decided to finish the entire length of coastal path in aid
A BARNSTAPLE pensioner is getting ready to complete the last leg of the South West Coast Path - seven years after setting off!
Phil Boaden began walking different sections of route in 2003 and has decided to finish the entire length of coastal path in aid of the South West Chestnut appeal, the Macmillan nurses and North Devon Hospice.
Having already walked from Minehead, through Barnstaple and on to the Lizard Point, he is about to lace up his boots and set off on the last section to Swanage in Dorset.
Phil feels he has already asked his friends and family enough, so will be walking the final section without sponsorship unless someone offers
You may also want to watch:
He said: "The Barnstaple Link Rotary Club have been great in helping me and I have made my sponsorship donations via them as their members have privately donated most of the money.
"As a thank you I have arranged weekly walks for them on Sundays which are now firmly in their diary as 'Phil's Walk'.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 5 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 6 Fringe TheatreFest returns to Barnstaple this month
- 7 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 8 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park