Boots made for walking
A BARNSTAPLE pensioner is getting ready to complete the last leg of the South West Coast Path – seven years after setting off! Phil Boaden began walking different sections of route in 2003 and has decided to finish the entire length of coastal path in aid
A BARNSTAPLE pensioner is getting ready to complete the last leg of the South West Coast Path - seven years after setting off!
Phil Boaden began walking different sections of route in 2003 and has decided to finish the entire length of coastal path in aid of the South West Chestnut appeal, the Macmillan nurses and North Devon Hospice.
Having already walked from Minehead, through Barnstaple and on to the Lizard Point, he is about to lace up his boots and set off on the last section to Swanage in Dorset.
Phil feels he has already asked his friends and family enough, so will be walking the final section without sponsorship unless someone offers
You may also want to watch:
He said: "The Barnstaple Link Rotary Club have been great in helping me and I have made my sponsorship donations via them as their members have privately donated most of the money.
"As a thank you I have arranged weekly walks for them on Sundays which are now firmly in their diary as 'Phil's Walk'.
- 1 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 2 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 5 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 6 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 7 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 10 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment