Boots made for walking
A BARNSTAPLE pensioner is getting ready to complete the last leg of the South West Coast Path – seven years after setting off! Phil Boaden began walking different sections of route in 2003 and has decided to finish the entire length of coastal path in aid
A BARNSTAPLE pensioner is getting ready to complete the last leg of the South West Coast Path - seven years after setting off!
Phil Boaden began walking different sections of route in 2003 and has decided to finish the entire length of coastal path in aid of the South West Chestnut appeal, the Macmillan nurses and North Devon Hospice.
Having already walked from Minehead, through Barnstaple and on to the Lizard Point, he is about to lace up his boots and set off on the last section to Swanage in Dorset.
Phil feels he has already asked his friends and family enough, so will be walking the final section without sponsorship unless someone offers
You may also want to watch:
He said: "The Barnstaple Link Rotary Club have been great in helping me and I have made my sponsorship donations via them as their members have privately donated most of the money.
"As a thank you I have arranged weekly walks for them on Sundays which are now firmly in their diary as 'Phil's Walk'.
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 3 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 4 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 5 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 6 Covid delays Barnstaple councillor's trial again
- 7 'Bonkers' idea led to the creation of Children's Hospice South West
- 8 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 9 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 10 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling