Boost for economy
SIR - I, too, feel that the Atlantic Array will be a great boost for the local economy for Torridge and North Devon. This project will provide skilled jobs, which are in short supply in this area. Fishermen will also benefit from extra income servicing
SIR - I, too, feel that the Atlantic Array will be a great boost for the local economy for Torridge and North Devon.
This project will provide skilled jobs, which are in short supply in this area. Fishermen will also benefit from extra income servicing the installation when fishing is in decline.
Recent research has observed that, technically, the whole world could be powered by renewable energy to the European level of use within 20 years - if only we were not held back by vested interests, and governments in thrall to the fossil fuel lobby.
For those of you interested in this research, log on to www.101-solutions.org. It does seem impossible but I am sure this is the way forward.
You may also want to watch:
Those of you who do not believe that climate change is happening must agree that for Britain to be self-sufficient in energy would be a good thing.
I would hate to be in the hands of Russia, or any other unstable regime, for our gas supply. The various renewable supplies of energy will save money for both the provider and the customer. Nuclear power is not the future. These expensive power stations cannot be built in time to cover the shortfall in supply.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 4 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 5 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 6 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 7 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 8 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 9 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip
- 10 High Streets reopen across Torridge
Therefore providing more Green Jobs building renewable energy schemes, helping households to use less fuel and the public getting engaged with saving energy will be a positive move for everyone.
Green Party Candidate for Torridge
and West Devon