Boost for economy
SIR - I, too, feel that the Atlantic Array will be a great boost for the local economy for Torridge and North Devon. This project will provide skilled jobs, which are in short supply in this area. Fishermen will also benefit from extra income servicing
SIR - I, too, feel that the Atlantic Array will be a great boost for the local economy for Torridge and North Devon.
This project will provide skilled jobs, which are in short supply in this area. Fishermen will also benefit from extra income servicing the installation when fishing is in decline.
Recent research has observed that, technically, the whole world could be powered by renewable energy to the European level of use within 20 years - if only we were not held back by vested interests, and governments in thrall to the fossil fuel lobby.
For those of you interested in this research, log on to www.101-solutions.org. It does seem impossible but I am sure this is the way forward.
You may also want to watch:
Those of you who do not believe that climate change is happening must agree that for Britain to be self-sufficient in energy would be a good thing.
I would hate to be in the hands of Russia, or any other unstable regime, for our gas supply. The various renewable supplies of energy will save money for both the provider and the customer. Nuclear power is not the future. These expensive power stations cannot be built in time to cover the shortfall in supply.
- 1 Two vehicle crash near South Molton – Link Road blocked
- 2 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 3 'Smash and grab' robbery at Ilfracombe jewellers shop
- 4 Swimbridge Christmas Arts and Crafts Fair returns for 2021
- 5 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 6 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 7 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 8 Cook book to help in Afghanistan produced in South Molton
- 9 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 10 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
Therefore providing more Green Jobs building renewable energy schemes, helping households to use less fuel and the public getting engaged with saving energy will be a positive move for everyone.
Green Party Candidate for Torridge
and West Devon