Bonfire events to be held this weekend
- Credit: Kelvin Parsons, Platinum Images,
Two North Devon events were postponed due to the weather and will be held on Saturday and Sunday instead.
TWO bonfire night events in North Devon were postponed last weekend due to high winds and heavy rain.
The Milky Way will now be holding its charity bonfire night on Saturday from 5pm.
The evening, in aid of Clovelly Lifeboat Station, Woolsery YFC and Tarka Radio will cost £3 per person.
The bonfire will be lit at 6.30pm, with fireworks at 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
And on Sunday, the Barnstaple Round Table will be hosting its event at Barnstaple Rugby Club with gates open at 6pm and the show starting at 7pm.
A Barnstaple Round Table spokesperson said: “Due to the weather and warnings issued from the Met Office we have decided to postpone this year’s event.”
A number of other events are also taking place around North Devon this week - for the full round up click here.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 3 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 4 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 7 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 10 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash