Bonfire events to be held this weekend
- Credit: Kelvin Parsons, Platinum Images,
Two North Devon events were postponed due to the weather and will be held on Saturday and Sunday instead.
TWO bonfire night events in North Devon were postponed last weekend due to high winds and heavy rain.
The Milky Way will now be holding its charity bonfire night on Saturday from 5pm.
The evening, in aid of Clovelly Lifeboat Station, Woolsery YFC and Tarka Radio will cost £3 per person.
The bonfire will be lit at 6.30pm, with fireworks at 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
And on Sunday, the Barnstaple Round Table will be hosting its event at Barnstaple Rugby Club with gates open at 6pm and the show starting at 7pm.
A Barnstaple Round Table spokesperson said: “Due to the weather and warnings issued from the Met Office we have decided to postpone this year’s event.”
A number of other events are also taking place around North Devon this week - for the full round up click here.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 6 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 7 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 8 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 9 Bideford's Millbrook Dairy awarded its first star at Great Taste Awards
- 10 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival