Body recovered from Ilfracombe Harbour
THE body of a man was recovered from Ilfracombe Harbour this morning (Monday.) Emergency services rushed to the scene just before 8.30am after a member of the public found the man in the inner harbour near the lifeboat house. A spokesman at Swansea Coastg
THE body of a man was recovered from Ilfracombe Harbour this morning (Monday.)
Emergency services rushed to the scene just before 8.30am after a member of the public found the man in the inner harbour near the lifeboat house.
A spokesman at Swansea Coastguard said the Ilfracombe team had been sent to assist after they were notified by South Western Ambulance that a man had possibly fallen into the harbour.
"A member of the public and another came to the aid of the casualty but it was thought the casualty was already deceased. The ambulance, police and fire services were on scene," he said.
You may also want to watch:
The body has since been loaded into an ambulance and police spokesman Sergeant Alan Mobbs said the process was underway to identify him.
He said it appeared the man had been found in the dry part of the harbour as emergency services had to move him because the tide was coming in.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 7 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
The Cove car park area at the harbour was closed off while the recovery effort was underway.