Body recovered from Ilfracombe Harbour
THE body of a man was recovered from Ilfracombe Harbour this morning (Monday.) Emergency services rushed to the scene just before 8.30am after a member of the public found the man in the inner harbour near the lifeboat house. A spokesman at Swansea Coastg
THE body of a man was recovered from Ilfracombe Harbour this morning (Monday.)
Emergency services rushed to the scene just before 8.30am after a member of the public found the man in the inner harbour near the lifeboat house.
A spokesman at Swansea Coastguard said the Ilfracombe team had been sent to assist after they were notified by South Western Ambulance that a man had possibly fallen into the harbour.
"A member of the public and another came to the aid of the casualty but it was thought the casualty was already deceased. The ambulance, police and fire services were on scene," he said.
The body has since been loaded into an ambulance and police spokesman Sergeant Alan Mobbs said the process was underway to identify him.
He said it appeared the man had been found in the dry part of the harbour as emergency services had to move him because the tide was coming in.
- 1 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 2 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 3 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 4 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 5 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 6 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 7 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 8 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 9 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 10 ‘What a Beautiful Noise' takes to Queens stage
The Cove car park area at the harbour was closed off while the recovery effort was underway.