Body recovered from Ilfracombe Harbour
THE body of a man was recovered from Ilfracombe Harbour this morning (Monday.) Emergency services rushed to the scene just before 8.30am after a member of the public found the man in the inner harbour near the lifeboat house. A spokesman at Swansea Coastg
THE body of a man was recovered from Ilfracombe Harbour this morning (Monday.)
Emergency services rushed to the scene just before 8.30am after a member of the public found the man in the inner harbour near the lifeboat house.
A spokesman at Swansea Coastguard said the Ilfracombe team had been sent to assist after they were notified by South Western Ambulance that a man had possibly fallen into the harbour.
"A member of the public and another came to the aid of the casualty but it was thought the casualty was already deceased. The ambulance, police and fire services were on scene," he said.
You may also want to watch:
The body has since been loaded into an ambulance and police spokesman Sergeant Alan Mobbs said the process was underway to identify him.
He said it appeared the man had been found in the dry part of the harbour as emergency services had to move him because the tide was coming in.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 3 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 4 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 5 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 6 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 Selaine Saxby's Henry to compete for Westminster Dog of the Year
- 9 Equestrian star celebrates with sporting royalty
- 10 Christine Stephenson found safe and well
The Cove car park area at the harbour was closed off while the recovery effort was underway.