Body recovered from Ilfracombe Harbour
THE body of a man was recovered from Ilfracombe Harbour this morning (Monday.) Emergency services rushed to the scene just before 8.30am after a member of the public found the man in the inner harbour near the lifeboat house. A spokesman at Swansea Coastg
THE body of a man was recovered from Ilfracombe Harbour this morning (Monday.)
Emergency services rushed to the scene just before 8.30am after a member of the public found the man in the inner harbour near the lifeboat house.
A spokesman at Swansea Coastguard said the Ilfracombe team had been sent to assist after they were notified by South Western Ambulance that a man had possibly fallen into the harbour.
"A member of the public and another came to the aid of the casualty but it was thought the casualty was already deceased. The ambulance, police and fire services were on scene," he said.
You may also want to watch:
The body has since been loaded into an ambulance and police spokesman Sergeant Alan Mobbs said the process was underway to identify him.
He said it appeared the man had been found in the dry part of the harbour as emergency services had to move him because the tide was coming in.
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 7 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 8 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 9 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 10 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
The Cove car park area at the harbour was closed off while the recovery effort was underway.