Body may have been in river for a month
Police describe body of man found in River Torridge at Bideford and appeal for help to identify him
A man’s body found in the River Torridge may have been in the river since mid-December, police have said.
They are still trying to identify the man, whose body was discovered near East-the-Water in Bideford on Tuesday morning and have issued a detailed description of his clothing and personal items.
They have appealed for anyone who may recognise the description or who has any information that might help identify the man to contact them.
He was estimated as somewhere between 20-40-years-old, white, around five foot eight inches and of slim to medium build, with black hair and clean shaven.
You may also want to watch:
He was wearing a black fleece, black shirt, black trousers and UK Size eight black Adidas trainers with green stripes.
He had a black Nike rucksack and in his possession were a pair of “Ruda” sunglasses. He was also wearing a stainless steel Seiko quartz watch.
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 9 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
- 10 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
Police said the man had a set of five keys on a ring, one of which is thought to have been cut in Bideford.
From what is known at this time they said there did not appear to be any suspicious circumstances in the man’s death and the matter has been referred to HM Coroner, whose spokesman said no further comments could be made pending an inquest.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the police on 08452 777444, quoting reference CD/11/68.