Body is that of missing Barnstaple woman
Police confirm body found at Knowle is Tracey Topham, who disappeared in November
A body found at Knowle near Braunton has been identified as that of missing Barnstaple woman Tracey Topham.
Police have said they do not believe there are any suspicious circumstances over the death of the 46-year-old artist, who was reported missing early in November.
Her body was found on December 29 in a wooded area near Knowle, but there has as yet been no information on the cause of death.
An intensive search was launched for Tracey in and around Braunton after her green Ford Focus car was discovered in a car park opposite the Elliott Gallery 10 days after she disappeared.
You may also want to watch:
Teams of police officers, as well as Exmoor rescue group, Croyde Coastguards and the SAR helicopter from RMB Chivenor combed the area, but to no avail.
Tracey was said to have suffered from a form of Aspergers and depression.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 4 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 5 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 6 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 7 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 10 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
She had sometimes exhibited work at the Elliott Gallery under the name of Stacey James.
Tracey’s family have asked for privacy at this time.