Body is that of missing Barnstaple woman
Police confirm body found at Knowle is Tracey Topham, who disappeared in November
A body found at Knowle near Braunton has been identified as that of missing Barnstaple woman Tracey Topham.
Police have said they do not believe there are any suspicious circumstances over the death of the 46-year-old artist, who was reported missing early in November.
Her body was found on December 29 in a wooded area near Knowle, but there has as yet been no information on the cause of death.
An intensive search was launched for Tracey in and around Braunton after her green Ford Focus car was discovered in a car park opposite the Elliott Gallery 10 days after she disappeared.
You may also want to watch:
Teams of police officers, as well as Exmoor rescue group, Croyde Coastguards and the SAR helicopter from RMB Chivenor combed the area, but to no avail.
Tracey was said to have suffered from a form of Aspergers and depression.
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 3 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 4 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 5 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 10 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
She had sometimes exhibited work at the Elliott Gallery under the name of Stacey James.
Tracey’s family have asked for privacy at this time.