Body is that of missing Barnstaple woman
Police confirm body found at Knowle is Tracey Topham, who disappeared in November
A body found at Knowle near Braunton has been identified as that of missing Barnstaple woman Tracey Topham.
Police have said they do not believe there are any suspicious circumstances over the death of the 46-year-old artist, who was reported missing early in November.
Her body was found on December 29 in a wooded area near Knowle, but there has as yet been no information on the cause of death.
An intensive search was launched for Tracey in and around Braunton after her green Ford Focus car was discovered in a car park opposite the Elliott Gallery 10 days after she disappeared.
Teams of police officers, as well as Exmoor rescue group, Croyde Coastguards and the SAR helicopter from RMB Chivenor combed the area, but to no avail.
Tracey was said to have suffered from a form of Aspergers and depression.
- 1 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 2 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 3 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 4 OPINION: Realising the full potential of the Celtic Sea - Selaine Saxby
- 5 Hip-hop comes to Torrington Dental Practice
- 6 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 7 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden
- 8 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 9 Bring the children to see Santa at Chivenor Christmas Craft Market
- 10 Get dressed up to Race the Reindeer in Bideford this Christmas
She had sometimes exhibited work at the Elliott Gallery under the name of Stacey James.
Tracey’s family have asked for privacy at this time.