Body found in river Torridge
Member of public spots corpse near to East-the-Water side of old Bideford Bridge
POLICE have recovered a body from the River Torridge this morning (Tuesday).
Shortly after 8.30am, a member of the public reported seeing a body in the water on the East-the-Water side of the old Bideford Bridge.
The coastguard was called and Appledore lifeboat was launched.
The body was recovered by the coastguard’s mud rescue team about an hour later and is expected to be taken to the mortuary at North Devon District Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Police will now begin making a number of enquiries to identify the body.
No further information is available at this time.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton