Body found in river Torridge
Member of public spots corpse near to East-the-Water side of old Bideford Bridge
POLICE have recovered a body from the River Torridge this morning (Tuesday).
Shortly after 8.30am, a member of the public reported seeing a body in the water on the East-the-Water side of the old Bideford Bridge.
The coastguard was called and Appledore lifeboat was launched.
The body was recovered by the coastguard’s mud rescue team about an hour later and is expected to be taken to the mortuary at North Devon District Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Police will now begin making a number of enquiries to identify the body.
No further information is available at this time.
- 1 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 8 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 9 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat
- 10 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone