Body found in Combe Martin woodland
Late morning discovery follows week-long search for missing local woman
POLICE searching for a missing Combe Martin woman have found a body in woodland close to her home.
The discovery was made late yesterday morning (Thurday).
No formal identification has taken place but the body is thought to be that of Elizabeth (Liz) Parish, 52, who was last seen at her home on Sunday, July 17.
Next of kin have been informed.
You may also want to watch:
Police, together with HM Coastguard teams, RNLI lifeboat and Exmoor Rescue Group have conducted a large-scale search of the area after Liz was reported missing on July 22.
- 1 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 4 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 5 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 8 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 9 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 10 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat