Body found in Combe Martin woodland
Late morning discovery follows week-long search for missing local woman
POLICE searching for a missing Combe Martin woman have found a body in woodland close to her home.
The discovery was made late yesterday morning (Thurday).
No formal identification has taken place but the body is thought to be that of Elizabeth (Liz) Parish, 52, who was last seen at her home on Sunday, July 17.
Next of kin have been informed.
You may also want to watch:
Police, together with HM Coastguard teams, RNLI lifeboat and Exmoor Rescue Group have conducted a large-scale search of the area after Liz was reported missing on July 22.
- 1 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 5 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 6 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 7 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 8 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 9 Barnstaple amateur rider achieves lifelong ambition
- 10 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality