Body discovered on North Devon beach
The Coastguard made the discovery during a search for a missing woman from Wiltshire.
A BODY has been discovered in a cove near Lee Abbey in the early hours this morning (Wed).
The coastguard made the discovery at Jenni’s Cove at 3.15am and alerted the police.
The search and rescue helicopter from RMB Chivenor was also involved in the search.
The coastguard has been deployed to assist with the recovery of the body today.
You may also want to watch:
No formal identification has taken place yet but the body is believed to be that of a 65-year-old woman from Wiltshire who was reported missing.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 10 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand