Body discovered at foot of Hartland cliffs
A man’s body was recovered from the shoreline after it was spotted by a member of the public.
A MAN’S body was recovered from the bottom of cliffs near Hartland Point yesterday afternoon (Thurs).
A member of the public raised the alarm after spotting the body at approximately 1pm and the rescue helicopter from RMB Chivenor was called to the scene.
The man is believed to be in his 60s and although formal identification has not been carried out, his family has been made aware.
Officers are investigating the circumstances of the incident and will prepare a file for the coroner. There are not thought to be any suspicious circumstances at this time.
You may also want to watch:
One of the lines of inquiry is whether the body might be that of missing Barnstaple man Kevin Williams, 63, who has not been seen since Tuesday morning.
- 1 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 4 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 7 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 8 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 9 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened