Body discovered at foot of Hartland cliffs
A man’s body was recovered from the shoreline after it was spotted by a member of the public.
A MAN’S body was recovered from the bottom of cliffs near Hartland Point yesterday afternoon (Thurs).
A member of the public raised the alarm after spotting the body at approximately 1pm and the rescue helicopter from RMB Chivenor was called to the scene.
The man is believed to be in his 60s and although formal identification has not been carried out, his family has been made aware.
Officers are investigating the circumstances of the incident and will prepare a file for the coroner. There are not thought to be any suspicious circumstances at this time.
You may also want to watch:
One of the lines of inquiry is whether the body might be that of missing Barnstaple man Kevin Williams, 63, who has not been seen since Tuesday morning.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 5 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 6 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 7 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 8 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 9 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 10 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year