Blues virtuoso with Braggin' Hands at the Plough
HOT blues, jazz, swing and beyond from Braggin Hands - a brand spanking new project from acoustic blues virtuoso, Peter Price in collaboration with two brilliant musicians from the north west, will be on offer at the Plough Arts Centre in Torrington on S
HOT blues, jazz, swing and beyond from Braggin' Hands - a brand spanking new project from acoustic blues virtuoso, Peter Price in collaboration with two brilliant musicians from the north west, will be on offer at the Plough Arts Centre in Torrington on Sunday (November 1.)
The trio of Peter, plus Ged Fox on trumpet and guitar plus Russ Williams, double bass and mandolin, will be performing from 7.30pm.
Peter's eclectic material can often take his listener into strange and haunting musical journeys as he moves with ease across blues, early jazz, Latin American and Celtic and Eastern music.
Multi instrumentalist Russ (of Doghouse Central, Baker's Fabulous Boys and the Smokehouse Blues Band) is an incredible performer guaranteed to put smiles on the faces of any audience.
You may also want to watch:
A master of slap-bass rockabilly and bluegrass style as well as a virtuoso mandolin player, Russ is in great demand and performs regularly with Jonny Hewitt in the Smokehouse Blues Band and world champion Banjo player John Dowling.
Ged Fox hails from a family of traditional music players and has been adding his hot trumpet sound to various live and recording sessions in Merseyside.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 3 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 6 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 North Devon taxi company appeals for help with driver shortage
- 9 Mission: Unbreakable back with a bang for 2021
- 10 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
Peter Price has already demonstrated his skill as a blues performer in gigs at The Plough with local blues legend Jim Crawford and the venue is delighted to host this new.
Come and listen to Pete and his musical chums as they share their music with you in what promises to be a memorable night?
Tickets are available form the Box Office on (01805) 624624.