Blues virtuoso with Braggin' Hands at the Plough
HOT blues, jazz, swing and beyond from Braggin Hands - a brand spanking new project from acoustic blues virtuoso, Peter Price in collaboration with two brilliant musicians from the north west, will be on offer at the Plough Arts Centre in Torrington on S
HOT blues, jazz, swing and beyond from Braggin' Hands - a brand spanking new project from acoustic blues virtuoso, Peter Price in collaboration with two brilliant musicians from the north west, will be on offer at the Plough Arts Centre in Torrington on Sunday (November 1.)
The trio of Peter, plus Ged Fox on trumpet and guitar plus Russ Williams, double bass and mandolin, will be performing from 7.30pm.
Peter's eclectic material can often take his listener into strange and haunting musical journeys as he moves with ease across blues, early jazz, Latin American and Celtic and Eastern music.
Multi instrumentalist Russ (of Doghouse Central, Baker's Fabulous Boys and the Smokehouse Blues Band) is an incredible performer guaranteed to put smiles on the faces of any audience.
You may also want to watch:
A master of slap-bass rockabilly and bluegrass style as well as a virtuoso mandolin player, Russ is in great demand and performs regularly with Jonny Hewitt in the Smokehouse Blues Band and world champion Banjo player John Dowling.
Ged Fox hails from a family of traditional music players and has been adding his hot trumpet sound to various live and recording sessions in Merseyside.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 3 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 4 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 5 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 6 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 7 Camp out fundraiser Max receives gift from fallen soldier's family
- 8 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 9 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 10 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users
Peter Price has already demonstrated his skill as a blues performer in gigs at The Plough with local blues legend Jim Crawford and the venue is delighted to host this new.
Come and listen to Pete and his musical chums as they share their music with you in what promises to be a memorable night?
Tickets are available form the Box Office on (01805) 624624.