Blues are grateful
SIR - In your edition of January 20 you reported on the replacement of the all-weather pitch at Sandymere. Bideford Blues and Appledore Junior F.C. would like to say a big thank you to the Bideford Bridge Trust, as well as the Football Foundation. Witho
SIR - In your edition of January 20 you reported on the replacement of the all-weather pitch at Sandymere. Bideford Blues and Appledore Junior F.C. would like to say a big thank you to the Bideford Bridge Trust, as well as the Football Foundation.
Without this local support from the Bridge Trust there may have been a delay in the work, affecting not just the youngsters at the club, but all who use the facility.
On the same page as this, the death of Albert Beer was reported. Albert had been an important supporter of the initial project to establish the existing pitches at Sandymere more than 10 years ago. He was a respected figure in the community and will be sadly missed.
Peter Evans, Secretary,
You may also want to watch:
Bideford Blues and Appledore
Junior Football Club
- 1 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe