Blocked boiler causes fire in High Bickington
Three fire engines attended the scene yesterday evening.
A BLOCKAGE in the flue of a wood chip boiler caused a small fire in a house in High Bickington yesterday evening (Wed).
Three fire engines from Chulmleigh, Torrington and Barnstaple attended the scene just after 8.30pm at the domestic property.
On arrival, crews found the occupants had already isolated the electricity supply to the boiler.
Fire fighters cleared a small blockage in the flue using small tools and check the boiler for hot spots using a thermal imaging camera.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 7 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 8 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 9 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 10 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack