Blocked boiler causes fire in High Bickington
Three fire engines attended the scene yesterday evening.
A BLOCKAGE in the flue of a wood chip boiler caused a small fire in a house in High Bickington yesterday evening (Wed).
Three fire engines from Chulmleigh, Torrington and Barnstaple attended the scene just after 8.30pm at the domestic property.
On arrival, crews found the occupants had already isolated the electricity supply to the boiler.
Fire fighters cleared a small blockage in the flue using small tools and check the boiler for hot spots using a thermal imaging camera.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 4 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 5 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 6 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 7 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 8 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 9 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 10 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington