Blocked boiler causes fire in High Bickington
Three fire engines attended the scene yesterday evening.
A BLOCKAGE in the flue of a wood chip boiler caused a small fire in a house in High Bickington yesterday evening (Wed).
Three fire engines from Chulmleigh, Torrington and Barnstaple attended the scene just after 8.30pm at the domestic property.
On arrival, crews found the occupants had already isolated the electricity supply to the boiler.
Fire fighters cleared a small blockage in the flue using small tools and check the boiler for hot spots using a thermal imaging camera.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.
- 1 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director