Three fire engines attended the scene yesterday evening.

A BLOCKAGE in the flue of a wood chip boiler caused a small fire in a house in High Bickington yesterday evening (Wed).

Three fire engines from Chulmleigh, Torrington and Barnstaple attended the scene just after 8.30pm at the domestic property.

On arrival, crews found the occupants had already isolated the electricity supply to the boiler.

Fire fighters cleared a small blockage in the flue using small tools and check the boiler for hot spots using a thermal imaging camera.

The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.