Blaze in Muddiford milking shed

Animal feed slightly damaged following electrical fire

THREE fire crews were called to a blaze in a milking shed in Muddiford last night (Wednesday).

Blocks of concentrated cattle feed – or cake – began smouldering as a result of a small electrical fire thought to involve lighting in the 10x4metre shed.

Firefighters from Barnstaple and Combe Martin used two reciprocating saws and small tools to bring the incident under control at around 8pm.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter