Birdman hopefuls spread their wings
Judges select five finalists to perform at Ilfracombe’s Birdman Southwest spectacular.
JUDGES have selected the finalists for this year’s Birdman’s Got Talent contest.
Nearly 150 people enjoyed the live auditions at Buddy’s Live Lounge on Sunday, as 15 acts battled it out to reach the grand final at this year’s South West Birdman spectacular.
Five finalists will perform at the event on Ilfracombe Pier on Sunday, July 29, organised by Ilfracombe Round Table. The winner will receive �250 and the BGT trophy.
Those who impressed the judges most were the Level Up street dance team of Jack Danson and Bradley Walker; singer-guitarist Ollie Ivan; singer Jodie Handley; keyboard player Noel Grummitt; and singer-keyboard player Kiera Osment.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Ray Williams said: “For the second year, the judges were blown away by the quality of the entries into the contest and we’re all looking forward to seeing the finalists again on the big stage at Birdman.”
Organiser Greg Schofield, of Ilfracombe Round Table, added: “The auditions today were fantastic. This year, Birdman’s Got Talent will again form an integral part of a full day’s entertainment at Southwest Birdman 2012.”
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 3 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 4 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 5 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 8 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 10 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
As well as the talent final, this year’s Birdman will feature a host of entertainment throughout the day, including the North Devon’s Toughest Town contest and a performance by local West Country favourites The Wurzels.
Admission prices are �7 for Adults, �3 for children and concessions, with discounted family tickets.
Net proceeds will be donated to local charity and local good causes via Ilfracombe Round Table.