Bin day change for thousands of homes
Refuse collection times set to change for 12,000 homes in Torridge and North Devon
RUBBISH collection rounds in Torridge and North Devon are set to change following separate reviews by the two district councils.
Changes for around 12,000 homes will take effect from Monday, October 3.
Both councils said they had already written to those homes affected to notify them of the changes.
Councillor Chris Leather, Lead Member for recycling, refuse collection and street cleaning, at Torridge District Council, said: “There has been a lot of development within the district over recent years so now was the right time to review our collection rounds to see if we could become more efficient and make savings.
You may also want to watch:
“We estimate that these new routes will reduce the road mileage of each vehicle, giving us an estimated saving of around �55,000 a year.”
Cllr Rodney Cann, Executive Member for Environment, at North Devon Council, said: “By carrying out more direct routes, we can provide a more efficient service, cutting down on vehicle use and fuel costs.”
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 6 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
The changes do not any affect dry recycling or garden waste collections in Torridge, or recycling collections in North Devon.
In North Devon, the changes will primarily affect homes in Roundswell, Braunton, Chivenor, Shirwell, Kentisbury, Croyde and Georgeham.
Torridge round changes are as follows:
Bideford: Devonshire Park – change from Tuesday to Friday; Lime Grove – from Monday to Tuesday; Hanson Park – from Monday to Thursday; Benson Drive, Northam – from Tuesday to Monday
Halwill Junction: change from Tuesday to Wednesday
Holsworthy: The Vineyards/Trewin Road – from Friday to Thursday
Clovelly: from Tuesday to Thursday
Langtree: from Friday to Monday
Beaford: from Thursday to Friday
Merton: from Friday to Monday
Little Torrington: from Thursday to Monday
High Bickington: from Tuesday to Wednesday