Bikers ride out for Devon Air Ambulance
THE Devon Air Ambulance Trust s annual motorcycle ride out is set to take to the beautiful country lanes of Devon on Sunday. This year, there are three starting points, but only one finish. Riders can choose to start from Coypool Park & Ride in Plympton
THE Devon Air Ambulance Trust's annual motorcycle ride out is set to take to the beautiful country lanes of Devon on Sunday. This year, there are three starting points, but only one finish.
Riders can choose to start from Coypool Park & Ride in Plympton, Cullompton Services or Atlantic Village, Bideford, with an amalgamated finish at Paignton Green.
At Paignton Green there will be trade and exhibition stands, catering vans, together with live music from 'Thick as Thieves' and 'Fizgig'.
Caroline Creer, fund-raising director of the Devon Air Ambulance Trust, said: "We always look forward to our annual motorcycle ride as it's a great opportunity to meet all the keen bikers, who are also supporting the charity. They recognise the essential service that the charity provides, as unfortunately we do regularly get called out to their fellow bikers."
You may also want to watch:
She added: "This event isn't just open to motorcyclists. We have people taking part on scooters, mopeds and trikes to name just a few. Please come along and support this event and make it the biggest and best yet. We are ideally hoping for 500+ bikes and hope that by having three starting points this will encourage more people to take part."
Five officers from the Devon & Cornwall Constabulary bike wing, will be taking part in the ride. The routes are all marshalled, ensuring that everyone goes the right way.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 4 Staff at Wimpy Barnstaple receive special bonus
- 5 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 6 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby receives parliamentary promotion
- 7 Dignitaries formally open Penrose Almshouses in Barnstaple
- 8 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 9 Mercy for Lynton farm shop keeper who grew cannabis
- 10 Extinction Rebellion celebrate Big Green Week in Barnstaple
Trade stands include the Road Safety Partnership, Police Exhibition Unit, Police Speed Enforcement motorcycle plus many more.
Trophies will be awarded for the Best British Bike, Best Modern Bike, and Best In Show.
The ride out will start at 10am, with registration on the day available from 9am. Entry is just �5 per bike, which includes a limited edition pin badge. However you can pre register and also purchase a limited edition t-shirt at �7. T-shirts and badges are also available to pillion riders at �7.
Entry forms are available to download via www.daat.org, via email at email@example.com but it's too late to submit these by post. Completed forms can be taken to the registration tent on the day.