Bikers go the eggstra mile this Easter
- Credit: Archant
Motortcycle convoy will make special delivery on Sunday.
MOTORCYCLISTS are being invited to join a rally with a difference this Easter Sunday.
More than 50 riders are expected to deliver some 250 Easter eggs to youngsters at Northam Lodge and Chelfham Mill School, near Bratton Fleming.
They also hope to make stop-offs at Children’s Hospice South West in Fremington, and at the Caroline Thorpe Ward at North Devon District Hospital.
It is the 10th annual Easter ride-out organised by members of the Taw and Torridge Classic Bike Club, and anyone on two wheels is welcome to join the convoy which sets off from the BP Roundswell filling station at 11.30am.
“All we ask is that riders bring an Easter egg-or-two,” said club chairman Dave Lemon.
Co-organiser Mel Jones, whose employer Edgetech IG has donated more than 100 eggs for riders to distribute, added: “It’s usually a fantastic event; it’s great to see the kids’ faces when the bikes turn up.”
- 1 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 2 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 3 War hero, SWW champion and author Tony dies at 97
- 4 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 5 How can we celebrate Queen's Platinum?
- 6 Exercise the 'chuckle muscle' with comedian Jason Manford
- 7 Chance at last to sing along with the Winkleigh Singers
- 8 MP Selaine Saxby: Violence against women and girls
- 9 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 10 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs