Bikers go the eggstra mile this Easter
- Credit: Archant
Motortcycle convoy will make special delivery on Sunday.
MOTORCYCLISTS are being invited to join a rally with a difference this Easter Sunday.
More than 50 riders are expected to deliver some 250 Easter eggs to youngsters at Northam Lodge and Chelfham Mill School, near Bratton Fleming.
They also hope to make stop-offs at Children’s Hospice South West in Fremington, and at the Caroline Thorpe Ward at North Devon District Hospital.
It is the 10th annual Easter ride-out organised by members of the Taw and Torridge Classic Bike Club, and anyone on two wheels is welcome to join the convoy which sets off from the BP Roundswell filling station at 11.30am.
You may also want to watch:
“All we ask is that riders bring an Easter egg-or-two,” said club chairman Dave Lemon.
Co-organiser Mel Jones, whose employer Edgetech IG has donated more than 100 eggs for riders to distribute, added: “It’s usually a fantastic event; it’s great to see the kids’ faces when the bikes turn up.”
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 4 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Man dies in crash involving bicycle and car in Bideford
- 10 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils