Bikers go the eggstra mile this Easter
- Credit: Archant
Motortcycle convoy will make special delivery on Sunday.
MOTORCYCLISTS are being invited to join a rally with a difference this Easter Sunday.
More than 50 riders are expected to deliver some 250 Easter eggs to youngsters at Northam Lodge and Chelfham Mill School, near Bratton Fleming.
They also hope to make stop-offs at Children’s Hospice South West in Fremington, and at the Caroline Thorpe Ward at North Devon District Hospital.
It is the 10th annual Easter ride-out organised by members of the Taw and Torridge Classic Bike Club, and anyone on two wheels is welcome to join the convoy which sets off from the BP Roundswell filling station at 11.30am.
You may also want to watch:
“All we ask is that riders bring an Easter egg-or-two,” said club chairman Dave Lemon.
Co-organiser Mel Jones, whose employer Edgetech IG has donated more than 100 eggs for riders to distribute, added: “It’s usually a fantastic event; it’s great to see the kids’ faces when the bikes turn up.”
- 1 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 2 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 3 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 4 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 5 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 6 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 7 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
- 10 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed