Biker dies in four vehicle smash near Hartland
A motorcyclist was killed and two others injured yesterday (Thursday) after they were in collision with a car near Hartland. Three bikes were travelling towards Bideford on the A39 when at around 7.40pm they collided with a black VW Golf at Summerville Cr
A motorcyclist was killed and two others injured yesterday (Thursday) after they were in collision with a car near Hartland.
Three bikes were travelling towards Bideford on the A39 when at around 7.40pm they collided with a black VW Golf at Summerville Cross, waiting to turn right towards Hartland Golf and Country Club.
The 45-year-old rider of a red Suzuki GSXR 1000cc motorcycle died at the scene, while two others on a yellow Honda 600F and a black Ducati were taken to North Devon District Hospital with relatively minor injuries and released after treatment.
The driver of the Golf, a 42-year-old woman and her passenger, a woman aged 65, both from Wilmslow, were uninjured.
You may also want to watch:
Police said the three motorcyclists were local to the Bideford area.
Any witnesses to the collision or the manner of driving or riding of any of the vehicles involved are asked to contact Barnstaple Roads Policing unit on 08452 777444, quoting log 926 180609.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 3 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes