Biker dies in four vehicle smash near Hartland
A motorcyclist was killed and two others injured yesterday (Thursday) after they were in collision with a car near Hartland. Three bikes were travelling towards Bideford on the A39 when at around 7.40pm they collided with a black VW Golf at Summerville Cr
A motorcyclist was killed and two others injured yesterday (Thursday) after they were in collision with a car near Hartland.
Three bikes were travelling towards Bideford on the A39 when at around 7.40pm they collided with a black VW Golf at Summerville Cross, waiting to turn right towards Hartland Golf and Country Club.
The 45-year-old rider of a red Suzuki GSXR 1000cc motorcycle died at the scene, while two others on a yellow Honda 600F and a black Ducati were taken to North Devon District Hospital with relatively minor injuries and released after treatment.
The driver of the Golf, a 42-year-old woman and her passenger, a woman aged 65, both from Wilmslow, were uninjured.
You may also want to watch:
Police said the three motorcyclists were local to the Bideford area.
Any witnesses to the collision or the manner of driving or riding of any of the vehicles involved are asked to contact Barnstaple Roads Policing unit on 08452 777444, quoting log 926 180609.
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 5 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 6 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Legg Power in ChemoHero fundraising