Bike show roars back in to Ilfracombe
Plenty for motorcyclists and non-bikers alike to enjoy at the Ilfracombe Bike Show on Saturday, September 14.
The Ilfracombe Bike Show returns to the Landmark Theatre for a second year this Saturday (September 14).
It runs from 12noon to 6pm and entry is free, with live music during the day plus free information on road safety, learning to ride, the Devon Wheels to Work scheme and an expected 250 motorcycles of all kinds.
It is once again being organised by the North Devon branch of the Motorcycle Action Group (MAG) in conjunction with the Ilfracombe Marketing Group.
“We are excited the MAG and the Ilfracombe marketing group have worked together to create this event and hope to build on the success of last years event which attracted 250 motorcycles to the area,” said local area MAG rep Doug Smith.
You may also want to watch:
“We have had a lot of support from local businesses who have sponsored the trophies, and Ilfracombe Mayor Lynda Courtnadge will be presenting a ‘Mayors Choice’ award.”
“This is an unusual event in that the motorcyclists have worked together with non-motorcyclists to create the bike show, and it’s a model that we can be continue for the foreseeable future.
- 1 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 2 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 3 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 4 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 5 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 6 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 7 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 8 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 9 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 10 Teams needed for Appledore RNLI Boat Pull
We have been working hard to publicise the event and despite this being a one day show, we have MAG members from around the region who are coming to Ilfracombe and staying overnight locally. “I trust that we will have a similar commitment to support the event from motorcyclists who live in the North Devon area.”
Any motorcyclist wishing to attend or take part in the show can just turn up on the day, for a small entry fee all motorcycles will be parked and supervised and automatically entered into the show.
All proceeds are being donated to Devon Air Ambulance Trust, Motorcycle Outreach and the Motorcycle Action Group.
Doug can be contacted on 08442480174.
* The next MAG meeting will be on Wednesday, October 2 at 7.30pm in the Agricultural Inn, Braunton. Non members are always welcome.