Bike show roars back in to Ilfracombe
Plenty for motorcyclists and non-bikers alike to enjoy at the Ilfracombe Bike Show on Saturday, September 14.
The Ilfracombe Bike Show returns to the Landmark Theatre for a second year this Saturday (September 14).
It runs from 12noon to 6pm and entry is free, with live music during the day plus free information on road safety, learning to ride, the Devon Wheels to Work scheme and an expected 250 motorcycles of all kinds.
It is once again being organised by the North Devon branch of the Motorcycle Action Group (MAG) in conjunction with the Ilfracombe Marketing Group.
“We are excited the MAG and the Ilfracombe marketing group have worked together to create this event and hope to build on the success of last years event which attracted 250 motorcycles to the area,” said local area MAG rep Doug Smith.
You may also want to watch:
“We have had a lot of support from local businesses who have sponsored the trophies, and Ilfracombe Mayor Lynda Courtnadge will be presenting a ‘Mayors Choice’ award.”
“This is an unusual event in that the motorcyclists have worked together with non-motorcyclists to create the bike show, and it’s a model that we can be continue for the foreseeable future.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple
- 8 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
We have been working hard to publicise the event and despite this being a one day show, we have MAG members from around the region who are coming to Ilfracombe and staying overnight locally. “I trust that we will have a similar commitment to support the event from motorcyclists who live in the North Devon area.”
Any motorcyclist wishing to attend or take part in the show can just turn up on the day, for a small entry fee all motorcycles will be parked and supervised and automatically entered into the show.
All proceeds are being donated to Devon Air Ambulance Trust, Motorcycle Outreach and the Motorcycle Action Group.
Doug can be contacted on 08442480174.
* The next MAG meeting will be on Wednesday, October 2 at 7.30pm in the Agricultural Inn, Braunton. Non members are always welcome.