Bigger Bideford Carnival needs more helping hands
BIDEFORD Carnival is not far off and with its growth in recent years, organisers could do with some extra helping hands. We are lucky enough to have some excellent people that help out on the day, but have a number of roles that need to be filled, said
BIDEFORD Carnival is not far off and with its growth in recent years, organisers could do with some extra helping hands.
"We are lucky enough to have some excellent people that help out on the day, but have a number of roles that need to be filled," said carnival secretary Mike Harper.
"Another memorable evening is being planned, but we are in need of some extra assistance. As with all big events, there's always lots of work to be done behind the scenes. For example, this year the walking entries will be assembling in Victoria Park and help will be needed to marshal them into the right classes for judging.
"Administrative help would also be appreciated, both on the day and before the carnival. The massed pipes and drums will be parading on the Quay after the carnival and more help is required there, too!
You may also want to watch:
"Offers from people or firms who have lorries that they would be willing to let entries use on the day are also needed."
The carnival is on Saturday September 5. If you think you can help, contact Mike Harper (01237) 422477 or e-mail:- firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 2 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 3 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 4 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 5 Veterans Charity to host Charity Car Wash at Barnstaple HQ
- 6 Date set for Barnstaple Pannier Market reopening
- 7 Motorcyclist denied dangerous driving after quad bike crash
- 8 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 9 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 10 Hospice volunteer reaches out to 325 bereaved people during lockdown