Big gym open day for North Devon Hospice
Michele White Fitness in Bideford marks fifth anniversary with charity extravaganza.
THE Michele White Fitness Centre in Bideford will be marking its fifth anniversary with a packed Open Day to raise money for North Devon Hospice.
On Sunday, April 1 from 9am-5pm the centre will be staging a packed programme of activities for all ages, from open spin cycle classes to face painting and an “It’s a Knockout” style contest from 9.15am for teams of four.
All classes and activities are �5 and all proceeds will be donated to the hospice. Bideford Rotary Club will be in attendance too.
Classes include zumba, step, bodypump, aerobics and through the day the 40 spin cycles in their adjoining studio are expected to be filled as people pedal for charity.
You may also want to watch:
Luke Evans from Cardiff-based Travelling Runner will be running assessment sessions to match runners to the right shoes, with a percent of any sales donated to charity.
Staff at the centre on the Daddon Moor Business Park within Clovelly Road Industrial Estate are working for free on the day, while members of the over 60s class are busy baking cakes to sell.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 8 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 9 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 10 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
“We wanted to celebrate being in business for five years, but I have three friends who have used the hospice during the past three years and that really brought it home to me,” said owner Michele White.
All are welcome to drop in to the centre on the day, but it is advisable to pre-book spinning classes and “It’s a Knockout” team places on 01237 478802.