Big gym open day for North Devon Hospice
Michele White Fitness in Bideford marks fifth anniversary with charity extravaganza.
THE Michele White Fitness Centre in Bideford will be marking its fifth anniversary with a packed Open Day to raise money for North Devon Hospice.
On Sunday, April 1 from 9am-5pm the centre will be staging a packed programme of activities for all ages, from open spin cycle classes to face painting and an “It’s a Knockout” style contest from 9.15am for teams of four.
All classes and activities are �5 and all proceeds will be donated to the hospice. Bideford Rotary Club will be in attendance too.
Classes include zumba, step, bodypump, aerobics and through the day the 40 spin cycles in their adjoining studio are expected to be filled as people pedal for charity.
You may also want to watch:
Luke Evans from Cardiff-based Travelling Runner will be running assessment sessions to match runners to the right shoes, with a percent of any sales donated to charity.
Staff at the centre on the Daddon Moor Business Park within Clovelly Road Industrial Estate are working for free on the day, while members of the over 60s class are busy baking cakes to sell.
- 1 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 5 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 6 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 7 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 8 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 9 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
- 10 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
“We wanted to celebrate being in business for five years, but I have three friends who have used the hospice during the past three years and that really brought it home to me,” said owner Michele White.
All are welcome to drop in to the centre on the day, but it is advisable to pre-book spinning classes and “It’s a Knockout” team places on 01237 478802.