Big chance for North Devon singers
NORTH Devon singer songwriters Ellie Campbell and Chris Millington have both made it through to the regional finals of Live and Unsigned UK, one of the biggest music competitions in the UK.
The competition gives thousands of bands and soloists from all over the country a chance to showcase their talent to important people from the music industry.
Ellie and Chris will be performing at the Plymouth Guildhall on March 19 for a big show in front of a judging panel, who will decide whether they should move on to the next round.
Ellie, 17, is currently at Exeter College studying music performance, drama, philosophy and English literature.
She has performed at many venues locally and slightly further afield and has also organised and performed charity gigs, including raising money for the Haiti Earthquake victims and The Cogwheel Trust.
You may also want to watch:
Her music is described as a mix of laid back, acoustic with an edge and a unique twist, her songs as one of a kind and her voice, soulful and moving.
Ellie is also a member of the National Youth Theatre, which enables her to audition to be a part of shows and plays in London and to take part in courses, working in London with highly acclaimed actors and directors, while mixing with other talented young people.
- 1 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 2 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 5 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 6 Fringe TheatreFest returns to Barnstaple this month
- 7 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 8 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
Chris Millington came up through the Manchester Indie scene and various bands, including a spell of backing singing for Take That.
He has now found his niche and is inspired by the North Devon coastline and local stories of smuggling, wrecking and piracy, penning moving songs in the hope of keeping some of these stories alive.
The ‘wild eyed boy of Exmoor’ is building a reputation as one of the leading North Devon nu-folk artists. A multi instrumentalist, he is at ease with anything from the guitar to squeezebox, from mandolin to sitar and from the violin to the cello.
There will be three different shows at the Plymouth regional finals, at 1pm, 4pm and 7pm. Tickets are available by contacting email@example.com.’