Big ballerinas earn Guy ‘heavyweight’ photography award
Photographer wins international recognition with Russian dance troupe pic
THE visit of a troupe of heavyweight Russian ballerinas to Ilfracombe has resulted in international recognition for a North Devon Photographer.
Guy Harrop pictured stars of The Big Ballet getting ready for a performance at the Landmark Threatre, an image that has won a silver award in the reportage category of the FEP (Federation of European Photographers) European Professional Photographer of the Year Award 2011.
This year’s prestigious competition attracted more than 2,000 entries from the world’s top professional photographers from more than 20 countries.
Guy, from Loxhore, has won five international awards in the last three years for his photographic work with images taken from both in the UK and abroad.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It is great to be recognised internationally for my work and to win an award in such a prestigious competition is just fantastic news.
“This year has been great for me as I have watched the business grow, taking on more commercial PR for leading businesses, both across the region and nationally.
- 1 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 2 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 3 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 4 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 5 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 6 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 7 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
- 10 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
“Each day is so varied as I can be covering anything from a commercial corporate portrait shoot to a reportage news job to a studio based food shoot.
“This year I have also covered several weddings and in 2012, I will be setting up a professional wedding side to the business which is growing from strength to strength.”