Big 100 bid for Barnstaple charity cycle
- Credit: Archant
Wickes staff and friends setting off around North Devon on April 6 on behalf of the Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research charity.
CYCLING for charity is nothing new to staff at Wickes Barnstaple – but this time they plan to leave the store foyer.
A group of workers and friends will be setting off on the Wickes Barnstaple Big 100 to cycle around North Devon’s main towns, clocking up a century of miles in the process.
Wickes has raised £3.5million for its national chosen charity Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research, since the company began supporting it eight years ago.
Barnstaple staff have organised plenty of local events too, including several static rowing and cycling events in the store entrance, plus sales and fundraisers.
You may also want to watch:
This time they felt some fresh air would be in order and are setting off from the store at 7.30am on Sunday, April 6 on their trusty cycles, taking in Braunton, Ilfracombe, Combe Martin, South Molton, Witheridge, Winkleigh, Torrington and Bideford before returning to base around 5-6pm.
During the day, St John’s Community Centre near the Rose Lane store is hosting a Craft and Table Tope Sale, from 11am-4pm, plus the opportunity to win two new cycle jerseys.
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 5 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 6 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 7 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 10 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
All proceeds go to Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research, which is dedicated to improving the lives of patients with all types of blood cancer.
Anyone who would like to sponsor the Barnstaple Big 100 team can do so at www.justgiving.com/wickesbarnstaplebig100