Bids date for Fremington Quay caf� lease
BIDS for the lease of Fremington Quay caf� and the post of quay warden will be opened by Fremington Parish Council on Monday, September 13. Closing date for sealed tender bids is 12 noon on September 10 and parish clerk Clare Dalley said a number of peopl
BIDS for the lease of Fremington Quay caf� and the post of quay warden will be opened by Fremington Parish Council on Monday, September 13.
Closing date for sealed tender bids is 12 noon on September 10 and parish clerk Clare Dalley said a number of people had requested tender packs from the council.
A draft 10 year lease will be sent to those who have expressed an interest. It includes the renovated railway station building itself plus the post of quay warden, which includes a bungalow on the site.
Mrs Dalley said more than 25 packs had been sent out to interested parties and once the bids were opened and depending on the number of applications, the council's Fremington Quay Committee would draw up a shortlist to put before the full council.
You may also want to watch:
The council said it put the lease out to tender because it has a statutory obligation to do so and get best value.
The current lease expires on January 10. Existing tenant Sue Harty did not wish to comment further until the quay committee meets on September 13.
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 4 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 5 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 6 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Covid-19: Follow the spirit of lockdown says police chief
- 9 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
For more details go to: www.fremingtonparishcouncil.gov.uk.