Bids date for Fremington Quay caf� lease
BIDS for the lease of Fremington Quay caf� and the post of quay warden will be opened by Fremington Parish Council on Monday, September 13. Closing date for sealed tender bids is 12 noon on September 10 and parish clerk Clare Dalley said a number of peopl
BIDS for the lease of Fremington Quay caf� and the post of quay warden will be opened by Fremington Parish Council on Monday, September 13.
Closing date for sealed tender bids is 12 noon on September 10 and parish clerk Clare Dalley said a number of people had requested tender packs from the council.
A draft 10 year lease will be sent to those who have expressed an interest. It includes the renovated railway station building itself plus the post of quay warden, which includes a bungalow on the site.
Mrs Dalley said more than 25 packs had been sent out to interested parties and once the bids were opened and depending on the number of applications, the council's Fremington Quay Committee would draw up a shortlist to put before the full council.
You may also want to watch:
The council said it put the lease out to tender because it has a statutory obligation to do so and get best value.
The current lease expires on January 10. Existing tenant Sue Harty did not wish to comment further until the quay committee meets on September 13.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 6 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 9 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 10 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
For more details go to: www.fremingtonparishcouncil.gov.uk.