Bids date for Fremington Quay caf� lease
BIDS for the lease of Fremington Quay caf� and the post of quay warden will be opened by Fremington Parish Council on Monday, September 13. Closing date for sealed tender bids is 12 noon on September 10 and parish clerk Clare Dalley said a number of peopl
BIDS for the lease of Fremington Quay caf� and the post of quay warden will be opened by Fremington Parish Council on Monday, September 13.
Closing date for sealed tender bids is 12 noon on September 10 and parish clerk Clare Dalley said a number of people had requested tender packs from the council.
A draft 10 year lease will be sent to those who have expressed an interest. It includes the renovated railway station building itself plus the post of quay warden, which includes a bungalow on the site.
Mrs Dalley said more than 25 packs had been sent out to interested parties and once the bids were opened and depending on the number of applications, the council's Fremington Quay Committee would draw up a shortlist to put before the full council.
You may also want to watch:
The council said it put the lease out to tender because it has a statutory obligation to do so and get best value.
The current lease expires on January 10. Existing tenant Sue Harty did not wish to comment further until the quay committee meets on September 13.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 4 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 7 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 8 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
For more details go to: www.fremingtonparishcouncil.gov.uk.