Bideford woman stole Special Brew from garage
- Credit: Archant
The 32-year-old was caught on CCTV three times over the space of five days taking the alcohol.
A BIDEFORD woman with an alcohol problem admitted three counts of stealing four-packs of Special Brew from a garage store.
Kelly Reardon, 32, of Union Close, walked into the Handy Cross Blights Motors store and took the alcohol on three occasions in the space of five days in December.
She was caught when a member of staff recognised her on the last visit on December 11 and checked the CCTV footage from the day before.
Reardon could be seen taking the four-pack from the shelf, placing it in her bag and leaving the store without making payment.
You may also want to watch:
North Devon Magistrates’ Court heard yesterday (Fri) how Reardon had a number of previous theft convictions and also suffered from mental health problems.
She was given a one-year conditional discharge and ordered to pay compensation of £28.60.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer