Bideford woman stole Special Brew from garage
- Credit: Archant
The 32-year-old was caught on CCTV three times over the space of five days taking the alcohol.
A BIDEFORD woman with an alcohol problem admitted three counts of stealing four-packs of Special Brew from a garage store.
Kelly Reardon, 32, of Union Close, walked into the Handy Cross Blights Motors store and took the alcohol on three occasions in the space of five days in December.
She was caught when a member of staff recognised her on the last visit on December 11 and checked the CCTV footage from the day before.
Reardon could be seen taking the four-pack from the shelf, placing it in her bag and leaving the store without making payment.
You may also want to watch:
North Devon Magistrates’ Court heard yesterday (Fri) how Reardon had a number of previous theft convictions and also suffered from mental health problems.
She was given a one-year conditional discharge and ordered to pay compensation of £28.60.
- 1 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 2 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 3 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 4 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 5 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 6 Covid-19: Follow the spirit of lockdown says police chief
- 7 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 8 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 9 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 10 Camp out fundraiser Max receives gift from fallen soldier's family