Bideford woman knits Pudsey dress from bin liners
- Credit: Archant
The needlework is that of Atlantis Cover worker Janet Bonnick, who will be wearing the Pudsey dress for Children in Need.
A BIDEFORD woman will be wearing a very special dress today (Friday) to raise money for Children in Need.
Janet Bonnick, supervisor at Atlantis Kid’s Cove in Atlantic Village in Bideford, knitted her Pudsey dress entirely from plastic bags.
The creation took her less than a week to put together and is made from knitted yellow nappy disposal sacks and black bin liners.
Janet said: “I didn’t follow a pattern, I just looked at a picture of Pudsey and came up with the design myself.
You may also want to watch:
“The first dress like this I ever created was a pumpkin which I wore for Hallowe’en last year, and a snowman dress for Christmas.
“I’ll be wearing the dress at work all day today, tomorrow (Saturday) and Sunday to try and raise funds for Children in Need.”
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 Heavy traffic in Barnstaple after crash involving car and pedestrian
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 5 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 8 Farmer who caused lamb ‘unnecessary suffering’ given two year ban
- 9 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
- 10 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
Atlantis will also be hosting a number of fundraising events, including a competition to shake 12 unlabelled cans and guess the contents.