Bideford woman hopes to share 40th birthday party with Gary Barlow
- Credit: Archant
Take That star invited to big bash in Barnstaple next week – but will he show up?
A Bideford woman is making a last ditch plea for Gary Barlow to make a surprise visit to her 40th birthday party.
Rachel Pusey, from Londonderry, has been campaigning for five months for the Take That star to appear at her party – a secret location in Barnstaple – on July 22.
Ever since the singer announced on Twitter in March that he would be attending a number of milestone birthdays this year, mum-of-three Rachel has been raising her hopes.
“I would really love him to come, now that it is getting closer and everyone’s so excited,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“I want him to come as much for the guests as for me because they’ve helped so much in the campaign.”
Rachel, who works at Colour Distributors in East-the-Water, said she’d been a big fan of Take That from the beginning and had seen them several times in concert, but had never met Gary.
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 3 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 4 Cook book to help in Afghanistan produced in South Molton
- 5 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 6 Holsworthy solicitor praised by guide to UK’s top lawyers
- 7 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 10 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
“My favourite songs have to be Do What You Like, A Million Love Songs and Greatest Day as that’s the one he sings at the milestone parties,” she said.
“I think Gary is a lovely person, especially to his fans – he surprises us all the time and when he announced he was doing milestone birthdays, I went ‘I’m going for it’.”
Rachel has been battling against thousands of other fans, making thousands of posters, sending the star around 100 tweets a day, and heading out and about with a lifesize cardboard cut-out of her idol.
Her online petition – Help me get Mr Gary Barlow to sing at my 40th – has so far attracted 224 signatures.
“I’m in it to win it,” she said.
“I send him lots of messages – hundreds so far – and I’ve done 16,000 tweets; I try and do roughly 100 or more a day,” she added.
“At first my family thought I was crazy, but as the campaign progressed they were like ‘ah actually she’s really serious about it’.
“I’m trying to convince myself that he isn’t coming, and remember that I’m celebrating my 40th with my family and friends. But if he does come, it will be a bonus, the icing on the cake.”
Click here to return to our homepage for more North Devon news.