Bideford woman charged with £38,000 fraud and theft from care company
- Credit: Archant
The 50-year-old appeared at North Devon Magistrates’ Court on Friday.
A WOMAN who allegedly stole £38,000 from her employer in Bideford appeared in court today (Friday).
Susan Philps, 50, of Sentry Corner, Bideford, entered no plea to three counts of theft and seven counts of fraud from Riverbank Care Ltd.
The offences are alleged to have taken place between 2007 and 2011 while she was employed to work as a payroll and accounts administrator at the company.
Ms Philps was represented in court by Rod Ball and spoke only to confirm her name, address and date of birth.
You may also want to watch:
Magistrates agreed the case should be sent to the crown court for trial and released Ms Philps on unconditional bail.
She will reappear at North Devon Magistrates’ Court on May 28, when she will be committed to Exeter Crown Court.
- 1 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 2 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 3 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 4 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 5 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 6 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 7 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 8 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 9 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 10 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail