Bideford traders paint Little White Town red for Valentine’s
- Credit: Archant
Traders from the Businesses of Bideford group will be painting the town red this Valentine’s Day.
TRADERS in Bideford will be painting the Little White Town red this month to celebrate Valentine’s Day in style.
From love hearts to lingerie, the cute, romantic and sometimes slightly saucy window displays are set to bring the town to light with dozens of businesses taking part.
The scheme is one of the first to be pulled off by new organisation Businesses of Bideford (BoB), which was set up by local traders in November.
Tonia Quance, of Bideford Cobblers and Keys, said she hoped by splashing the town with colourful displays, people would see how much Bideford has to offer.
You may also want to watch:
“There are at least 30 traders who have got involved, and everyone will have their window displays in place during next week,” she said.
“It is going to be quite a sight – a few already have their displays in place and they are looking fantastic.
- 1 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 2 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 5 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 6 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 7 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 10 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
Katie Russell, of the Green Goose in Mill Street, said she couldn’t believe how many people had joined the group already.
“We wanted to start a really proactive group to promote the town,” she said.
“Bideford has an eclectic mix of shops and there is no reason for people to have to go to Barnstaple when they have everything here on their doorstep.
“We’re free of red tape but we’re happy to work with other organisations such as the Chamber of Commerce to show what Bideford has to offer.”
The window displays will be in place throughout the town from Monday.
After Valentine’s, BoB are looking to run free events throughout the town for other seasonal celebrations, including Easter, Hallowe’en and Christmas.