Bideford traders get set for Wicked Week
- Credit: Archant
The Businesses of Bideford plan a week of Halloween family fun for October half term.
It’s time to dust off the costumes and get set for a Wicked Week of ghoulish fun in Bideford this Halloween.
The Businesses of Bideford (BoB) are once again planning a week of family-friendly workshops for October half-term.
Nicole Hickin, of event organisers Trepanning Through History, said the week promised free craft activities from October 24 – 30.
She said: “After the knockout success of last year’s Wicked Week, where so many came and learnt to be a monster, the Businesses of Bideford bring you Wicked Week 2015 – where we can all get batty about bugs!”
You may also want to watch:
Daily craft workshops will run from 11am-3.30pm at Bideford Conservative Club in Bridgeland Street, including lantern making, masks, creepy crawlies and bats.
Bideford Library will be making lanterns, the Burton Art Gallery will have a Horrid Halloween Hunt and Learn Devon will be holding a ‘day of the dead’ with masks and hats galore.
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 5 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 6 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 7 Legg Power in ChemoHero fundraising
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Meet former Children's Laureate Michael Morpurgo in Barnstaple
- 10 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
There will also be crafts at the pannier market during the week at A Magpie’s Nest.
The week will end with a glowing bug parade, gathering at Jubilee Square at 5.30pm to walk to Bideford Pannier Market for the Ugly Bug Ball at 8pm.
Visit the Businesses of Bideford Facebook group for the full list of workshops and events.