Bideford tax will cover lost grants
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
What will Bideford rate payers be facing this year?
Bideford Town Council will be debating its precept at the end of the month.
The staffing, finance and general purposes committee recommended an increase on January 7.
That would be 9.94 per cent – or 56p a week – for a band D property.
They said it would make up for reduced council tax support grants from Torridge.
You may also want to watch:
The precept will be finalised at the next full council meeting on January 28 at Bideford Town Hall.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 4 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 5 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 6 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 7 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses