Bideford tax will cover lost grants
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
What will Bideford rate payers be facing this year?
Bideford Town Council will be debating its precept at the end of the month.
The staffing, finance and general purposes committee recommended an increase on January 7.
That would be 9.94 per cent – or 56p a week – for a band D property.
They said it would make up for reduced council tax support grants from Torridge.
You may also want to watch:
The precept will be finalised at the next full council meeting on January 28 at Bideford Town Hall.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 3 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 8 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 9 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 10 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody