Bideford student crowned champion chef
BIDEFORD College student Sam Shuttleworth has been named as North Devon area champion in the Rotary Clubs Young Chef competition. Sam, 15, came out on top in the competition for school trainee chefs, with Luke Hotson of Petroc in second place and Alex Ur
BIDEFORD College student Sam Shuttleworth has been named as North Devon area champion in the Rotary Clubs' Young Chef competition.
Sam, 15, came out on top in the competition for school trainee chefs, with Luke Hotson of Petroc in second place and Alex Urwin of Park Community College in third.
All three now go through to the county stage of the competition at the South Devon College in Paignton on January 26.
Winners there will progress to a south and west regional stage covering an area as far as Swindon before the national finals, which will be attended by celebrity chefs Ainsley Harriot and Brian Turner.
You may also want to watch:
The Rotary competition is supported by Springboard, which works with young chefs nationwide.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 3 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes