Bideford student comes runner up in spectacle competition
The 16-year-old walked the catwalk and rubbed shoulders with the stars.
A BIDEFORD student rubbed shoulders with the stars last week as she was named runner up at the 2012 Spectacle Wearer of the Year awards in aid of anti-bullying charity, Kidscape.
Chlo� Brown, 16, walked the catwalk at London’s Battersea Power Station in the event hosted by Kidscape ambassador and style guru Gok Wan and former Coronation Street actress Helen Flanagan.
Chlo� said: “I had such a fantastic time, the night was absolutely brilliant and I’m so proud to have been a part of it.
“I was really nervous during the rehearsals for the catwalk as I’d never done anything like it before but as soon as I got on stage on the night I loved every minute of it.
You may also want to watch:
“I really feel the competition has changed me for the better as I am naturally really shy but I now feel much more confident in myself which I hope to take into my life off of the catwalk.”
Other celebrities at the event organised by Specsavers included Strictly Come Dancing star Sid Owen and his dance partner Ola Jordan, former Corrie actress Tina O’Brien and singer Tom Fletcher of McFly.
- 1 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 10 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple
Chlo� received a goody bag full of hair and beauty products from Andrew Barton Salons and Simple, plus a �150 Specsavers designer eyecare voucher.