Bideford student comes runner up in spectacle competition
The 16-year-old walked the catwalk and rubbed shoulders with the stars.
A BIDEFORD student rubbed shoulders with the stars last week as she was named runner up at the 2012 Spectacle Wearer of the Year awards in aid of anti-bullying charity, Kidscape.
Chlo� Brown, 16, walked the catwalk at London’s Battersea Power Station in the event hosted by Kidscape ambassador and style guru Gok Wan and former Coronation Street actress Helen Flanagan.
Chlo� said: “I had such a fantastic time, the night was absolutely brilliant and I’m so proud to have been a part of it.
“I was really nervous during the rehearsals for the catwalk as I’d never done anything like it before but as soon as I got on stage on the night I loved every minute of it.
You may also want to watch:
“I really feel the competition has changed me for the better as I am naturally really shy but I now feel much more confident in myself which I hope to take into my life off of the catwalk.”
Other celebrities at the event organised by Specsavers included Strictly Come Dancing star Sid Owen and his dance partner Ola Jordan, former Corrie actress Tina O’Brien and singer Tom Fletcher of McFly.
- 1 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 2 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 3 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 4 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 5 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 6 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 7 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 8 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 9 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 10 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
Chlo� received a goody bag full of hair and beauty products from Andrew Barton Salons and Simple, plus a �150 Specsavers designer eyecare voucher.