Bideford’s Portas Pilot video
Two rival towns have created short films in a bid to win a ‘golden ticket’ to transform their high streets.
TWO North Devon towns have released videos to showcase their assets and grab a share of a �1 million cash pot to transform their high streets.
South Molton and Bideford have both created short films in a bid to become one of 12 towns in the UK named a Portas Pilot.
The competition, organised by Mary ‘Queen of Shops’ Portas, is encouraging towns to win funding to turn around their ‘unloved and unused’ high streets and the first steps involved bidding through amateur short videos.
Bideford’s video, created by members of the town council’s working group, saw Cllr Andy Powell talking to ‘niche’ traders in Butchers Row and around the area.
You may also want to watch:
You can view the Bideford video above, or click on the link in the top right-hand corner of the page to see South Molton’s video.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 4 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 5 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 6 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 10 Affinity Devon seeks next Charity of the Year