Bideford’s Portas Pilot video
Two rival towns have created short films in a bid to win a ‘golden ticket’ to transform their high streets.
TWO North Devon towns have released videos to showcase their assets and grab a share of a �1 million cash pot to transform their high streets.
South Molton and Bideford have both created short films in a bid to become one of 12 towns in the UK named a Portas Pilot.
The competition, organised by Mary ‘Queen of Shops’ Portas, is encouraging towns to win funding to turn around their ‘unloved and unused’ high streets and the first steps involved bidding through amateur short videos.
Bideford’s video, created by members of the town council’s working group, saw Cllr Andy Powell talking to ‘niche’ traders in Butchers Row and around the area.
You may also want to watch:
You can view the Bideford video above, or click on the link in the top right-hand corner of the page to see South Molton’s video.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 3 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 4 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 5 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 8 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 10 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal