Bideford’s Portas Pilot video
Two rival towns have created short films in a bid to win a ‘golden ticket’ to transform their high streets.
TWO North Devon towns have released videos to showcase their assets and grab a share of a �1 million cash pot to transform their high streets.
South Molton and Bideford have both created short films in a bid to become one of 12 towns in the UK named a Portas Pilot.
The competition, organised by Mary ‘Queen of Shops’ Portas, is encouraging towns to win funding to turn around their ‘unloved and unused’ high streets and the first steps involved bidding through amateur short videos.
Bideford’s video, created by members of the town council’s working group, saw Cllr Andy Powell talking to ‘niche’ traders in Butchers Row and around the area.
You may also want to watch:
You can view the Bideford video above, or click on the link in the top right-hand corner of the page to see South Molton’s video.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 4 Candidates for police and crime commissioner have their say
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
- 7 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 8 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 9 Ilfracombe Drive-In Cinema returns this May
- 10 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'