Bideford's got talent
BIDEFORD will celebrate the coming of the Tour of Britain tomorrow (Thursday) with a day of entertainment, including its own Bideford s Got Talent contest. The talent competition will start around 5pm and give entrants up to five minutes each on the forme
BIDEFORD will celebrate the coming of the Tour of Britain tomorrow (Thursday) with a day of entertainment, including its own Bideford's Got Talent contest.
The talent competition will start around 5pm and give entrants up to five minutes each on the former Radio One Roadshow stage in Victoria Park.
Singers, dancers and speciality acts of all kinds are invited but, regrettably, no bands.
Anyone wishing to take part should first e-mail Steve Clarke at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of their act.
You may also want to watch:
The competition is one of a host of events planned to celebrate the day.
Bideford Youth Pipe Band will open proceedings at 11.30am, followed by the Go Ride Tour of Britain Race League and Dyson the Dragon.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 4 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 5 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 6 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 7 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
Merlin and Luke from Britain's Got talent, local favourite Captain Coconut and children's entertainers will take to the streets from 1pm to 2pm.
From 4pm to 9pm everyone is invited to picnic in Victoria Park, which will be the venue for a host of performers as well as the talent contest.
Other entertainments in the park will include an afternoon of music by Guy Fenton and the All Stars Jazz Band, a combat rescue display by the Marine Cadet detachment and displays by champion mountain stunt biker Andre Burton and spin biking courtesy of the Michelle White Fitness Centre.
As evening approaches, leading cover band Cover'd will take centre stage at 7pm
Between 9.30pm and 10pm the day will finish with a bang, in the form of fireworks.