Bideford rower honoured
Dave Godfrey of Bideford Amateur Rowing Club has been elected president of the West of England Rowing Association.
The position is rotated among the West of England clubs and is only open to each club on a 13 year rotation.
David has held many positions with The Reds rowing club, with which he has been associated for 45 years, including secretary and chairman. He is a Life Member of both The Reds and also of WEARA.
He has been secretary of Bideford Regatta and has also been an officer and a delegate of the West of England and has served the past 12 years as its press officer.
Most of Dave’s success as a rower was with the Reds Senior A and Veteran crews in the 1970s and 80s, including a number of championship titles.
You may also want to watch:
He still rows on a regular basis and competes at the occasional regatta and head race, but most of his time is now spent training juniors.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 9 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton