Bideford rower honoured
Dave Godfrey of Bideford Amateur Rowing Club has been elected president of the West of England Rowing Association.
The position is rotated among the West of England clubs and is only open to each club on a 13 year rotation.
David has held many positions with The Reds rowing club, with which he has been associated for 45 years, including secretary and chairman. He is a Life Member of both The Reds and also of WEARA.
He has been secretary of Bideford Regatta and has also been an officer and a delegate of the West of England and has served the past 12 years as its press officer.
Most of Dave’s success as a rower was with the Reds Senior A and Veteran crews in the 1970s and 80s, including a number of championship titles.
You may also want to watch:
He still rows on a regular basis and competes at the occasional regatta and head race, but most of his time is now spent training juniors.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 3 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 4 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 5 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 6 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 7 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 8 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 9 Selaine Saxby's Henry to compete for Westminster Dog of the Year
- 10 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level