Bideford rower honoured
Dave Godfrey of Bideford Amateur Rowing Club has been elected president of the West of England Rowing Association.
The position is rotated among the West of England clubs and is only open to each club on a 13 year rotation.
David has held many positions with The Reds rowing club, with which he has been associated for 45 years, including secretary and chairman. He is a Life Member of both The Reds and also of WEARA.
He has been secretary of Bideford Regatta and has also been an officer and a delegate of the West of England and has served the past 12 years as its press officer.
Most of Dave’s success as a rower was with the Reds Senior A and Veteran crews in the 1970s and 80s, including a number of championship titles.
You may also want to watch:
He still rows on a regular basis and competes at the occasional regatta and head race, but most of his time is now spent training juniors.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 2 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 3 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat
- 8 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 9 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone
- 10 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge