Bideford Rotarians organise charity cycle events
MORE than 100 riders will take part in North Devon s major charity cycle events this Sunday. The Bideford Bridge Rotary Club Tarka Fun Ride comprises small lengths on the Tarka Trail for families, friends, clubs, organisations and businesses, whiles the
MORE than 100 riders will take part in North Devon's major charity cycle events this Sunday.
The Bideford Bridge Rotary Club Tarka Fun Ride comprises small lengths on the Tarka Trail for families, friends, clubs, organisations and businesses, whiles the more challenging Two Moors Sportif comprises 100 k or 100 miles for more competitive experienced cyclists.
Both events will start from Barnstaple Leisure Centre with registration for the Sportif at 7.00am with starting time of 8am and registration for the Fun Ride at 8am, starting from 9am.
The Tarka Fun Ride is already attracting a large number of families and work colleagues who will ride any part of the route from 2 miles upward on the Tarka Trail. This event is open to entrants of all ages and abilities at an entry fee of �10 per team.
You may also want to watch:
The Sportif is for more experienced riders on a tough road course over 160 km or a shorter 100 km course on country lanes with nearly 3150 m (10000 ft) of climbs across the Dartmoor and Exmoor. The entry fee of �25 per person includes T shirt.
Entrants obtain sponsorship and designate which registered charity they wish to receive 50 per cent of the money they raise. The other 50 per cent will go to local Rotary club charities. The total amount of sponsorship money raised for charity from the first event last year was �5,500 and this year the club are aiming to triple that amount.
- 1 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Fashion store opened by North Devon Against Domestic Abuse
- 4 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 5 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 6 Coronavirus infection rate for North Devon is zero - no cases in a week
- 7 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 8 Have your say on the future of North Devon phone boxes
- 9 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 10 Take on an Incredible Hike for Children’s Hospice South West
There will also be generous sponsors prizes for both the Tarka Fun Ride and the Sportif.
Entrants can get further information and book online at www.twomoors100.co.uk or on the morning or for further information contact Bernard Wragge-Morley on 01237 423388