Bideford residents invited to submit Manor Court presentments
- Credit: Archant
Townspeople asked to submit their suggestions for annual historical ceremony.
BIDEFORD residents are once more being given the opportunity to put forward presentments for the town ahead of the annual Manor Court.
The ceremony will be held on Saturday, March 15 at 10.30am in the Town Hall.
Manor Court originates from centuries ago when the townspeople could bring issues before the Lords of Manor.
Nowadays presentments are considered by a jury of 12 town residents and then presented to Manor Court for the town council to consider.
You may also want to watch:
Any Bideford residents aged 18 or over can submit a presentment suggesting how to make the town a better place for the community.
Presentments must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or by letter to the Manor Steward c/o Town Clerk, Town Hall, Bideford EX39 2HS by March 6.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 9 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 10 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern