Bideford residents invited to submit Manor Court presentments
- Credit: Archant
Townspeople asked to submit their suggestions for annual historical ceremony.
BIDEFORD residents are once more being given the opportunity to put forward presentments for the town ahead of the annual Manor Court.
The ceremony will be held on Saturday, March 15 at 10.30am in the Town Hall.
Manor Court originates from centuries ago when the townspeople could bring issues before the Lords of Manor.
Nowadays presentments are considered by a jury of 12 town residents and then presented to Manor Court for the town council to consider.
You may also want to watch:
Any Bideford residents aged 18 or over can submit a presentment suggesting how to make the town a better place for the community.
Presentments must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or by letter to the Manor Steward c/o Town Clerk, Town Hall, Bideford EX39 2HS by March 6.
- 1 A361 Link Road closed after three vehicle crash
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
- 10 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia