Bideford reception for veterans
Geoffrey Cox, MP for Torridge & West Devon, is to hold another presentation for veterans of the armed forces living in the constituency. Over the last year, the MP has invited local veterans to contact him if they have not yet received their commemorativ
Geoffrey Cox, MP for Torridge & West Devon, is to hold another presentation for veterans of the armed forces living in the constituency.
Over the last year, the MP has invited local veterans to contact him if they have not yet received their commemorative HM Armed Forces Veterans Badge and has got in touch with the Ministry of Defence on their behalf.
The uptake has proved so popular that the MP held one presentation event in September, and will hold another on Friday, January 22..
The presentation reception will be held at the Royal Hotel in Bideford, where Mr Cox will meet the veterans and their families from all over the constituency to thank them for their service and present them with their badge. Local civic figures will also attend.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Cox said: "I am delighted to be able to arrange for local veterans to receive their commemorative badges, and to be able to meet them and their families in person. It will offer the opportunity to have a chat about their experiences, and to celebrate their service. We owe a great deal to our veterans, and so I hope this small gesture will demonstrate our appreciation to them".
If you are a veteran living within Geoffrey Cox's constituency of Torridge & West Devon, and have not yet applied for your commemorative badge, contact his office on (01237) 459001 where you can arrange to receive an application form.
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 4 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 5 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 6 Times Past: How South Molton centrepiece came to be
- 7 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 8 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 9 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 10 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users