Bideford police appeal after series of garden ornament thefts
- Credit: Archant
Statues and ornaments taken from gardens in the Bideford, Westward Ho! and Appledore area over last fornight.
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a number of thefts of garden ornaments in the Bideford area over the last fortnight.
The first incident occurred in Bideford when a concrete bird bath with a stand design of two otters was taken from a garden between 7pm on February 12 and 9am on February 13 (crime ref: CD/14/318).
In Appledore some time between 5pm on Thursday and 5pm on Friday, a small gold and white pergola made of concrete was taken (crime ref: CD/14/376).
Between Wednesday at 1pm and Thursday at 1pm in Westward Ho! a green coloured statue of a Romeo and Juliet design was taken from a garden (crime ref: CD/14/375).
You may also want to watch:
And in Westward Ho! a black sea serpent ornament approximately three feet long was taken between Thursday at 4pm and Friday at 8am (crime ref: CD/14/374).
Police are appealing for anyone with information to come forward by calling non-emergency number 101 quoting any of the above crime references.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 4 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 5 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 6 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 7 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.